Running a dental practice is about far more than helping patients with their oral health needs. There are also a number of important business and administrative tasks that need to be addressed in order to keep things running smoothly. From the time your patients make an appointment to the moment they walk out the door, they should have a top-quality experience that leaves a lasting impression and makes them want to come back again. Below you will find some of the top tips on how to keep your dental practice running smoothly to encourage patient loyalty:
1. Hire the right people. Everyone who works at your dental office should be committed to providing the best possible customer experience. This includes dental assistants, hygienists and the staff working the front desk. Make hiring decisions carefully so that you only choose people who are as committed to your practice’s success as you are.
2. Market your services. It is wishful thinking to pretend that people are going to find you on their own. Instead, you have to find ways to get the word out about your business. While traditional advertising methods are great, don’t be afraid to think outside the box. For instance, is there a way that you could use social media to educate existing patients, while at the same time bringing new patients through your door?
3. Develop an effective website. Most people start their search for a new dentist online. Make sure that you put your practice on their radar by maintaining a strong Internet presence. This includes developing a website and getting it listed well in the search results. You should also add your information to any local business directories to maximize your exposure.
4. Organize your space. A well-organized practice is an efficient practice. Take some time to find a place for everything you use. Make sure that the items you use the most are within easy reach so that you don’t have to waste a lot of time fumbling around during appointments.
5. Consider extending your hours. Although it may not always be possible, offering appointments outside of traditional business hours can make it easier for people to get in. Whether you stay open an hour later or keep the doors open on a weekend, it is a great way to cater to patients who have busy work schedules.
These five tips for successfully running a dental practice should help you grow your practice, while at the same time keeping your existing patients happy.